News & Blog

A LESSON IN PURE JOY. Want to see a spiritual master at work? Watch this video…

A LESSON IN PURE JOY.

Want to see a spiritual master at work?

Watch this video from 1989, of the great Argentinian footballer Maradona warming up before a game in Germany.

I can't stop watching this. I never want to stop watching this. It made me want to go to the gym today — and I actually WENT!

It made me want to make things.

It made me want to go write a new book, and cook some food, and dance around my living room.

It made me happy to be alive.

If you're wondering what your calling is — your vocation — here's a clue: It's whatever makes you as happy as screwing around with a soccer ball during warm-ups clearly made Maradona.

Please take note of the little hip-shimmy that he does in the middle of this warm-up, for absolutely no reason except that he seems to be really happy to be there.

His whole body is like: "I can't believe I get to do this!"

Which is how it should be, when you're doing what you love.

Also please take note of the other players around him, doing their warmups with no apparent joy.

Those guys were all excellent soccer players. But none of them were calling down their divinity that day. They were just doing their JOB. They weren't living their VOCATION.

Go do the thing that makes you want to dance like this, OK?

Whatever it is.

Cuz that's the juice, right there.

ONWARD!
LG

https://bit.ly/1uZNQ6G


Maradona – Live is life

Maradona Napoli warming up

via Elizabeth Gilbert’s Facebook Wall

Thought you lovelies might want to see the red rose Miami dress in action… :…

Thought you lovelies might want to see the red rose Miami dress in action…

🙂

It never gets any less scary for me to get on that stage in front of so many people and speak for 45 minutes. But when you you're wearing rose-covered armor, it really, really helps. (Remember Ketut Liyer talking about "pretty power"? I guess that's what he meant!)

I also remember Dustin Hoffman once saying in an interview that if you can get the costume right, that's 90% of the character solved right off the bat.

So thank you again, our dear departed Mr. de la Renta, for having made the "costumes" that have given me 90% of the confidence I've needed for Oprah's The Life You Want Tour. As for the other 10% of the confidence? That's just me, faking it till I make it…

ONWARD,
LG

via Elizabeth Gilbert’s Facebook Wall

Upcoming Events:

View All Events

Subscribe:RSS iCal

Share This